Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year's Eve 2010...

Once again it was time for our annual girls' lunch on New Year's Eve, and as usual, it was so much fun! We have done this lunch (used to be lunch, a movie and a party that night, but children have shortened the celebration a bit...) since high school and I look forward to it every year. I was so blessed to have an AMAZING group of friends through high school and I still consider them some of my closest friends. These girls are such incredible women, friends, moms and wives and I am so grateful to have their examples in my life. Not everyone has the opportunity to have a group of friends like I do and I am very lucky to know each and every one of them. It is getting harder to get us all together at the same time (we missed you Chrissy and Amanda!) but I am so glad we still keep it going! The rest of the day was pretty quiet and relaxing. Jeff, Little Miss and I just stayed home with my mom, dad and Steven, ate some yummy food and an amazing lime slush my mom made, played cards and just hung out. We are definitely getting old though because Jeff went to bed before midnight and I stayed up and read a book...super exciting, I know. But I must say there is no one I would rather bring in the New Year with than my family. It is going to be a great year and I am glad I got to start it with some of the people I love most!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like u guys had a GREAT Christmas!! Your tree is so cute! Its so true how you lose the spark in Christmas and these little ones can bring it back! Obviously Mason is too young but I'm excited for the future! We had a quiet New Years Eve like you guys and I LOVE it, I LOVE just being with my family!! Love and Miss you guys :) P.s Cute family pics u look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your holiday was good! I miss hanging out! Tell Jeff good luck with this semester!

    ReplyDelete