Saturday, January 15, 2011

Home for the Holidays...The Final Chapter

Well, we are officially back in Washington and I must say, it was hard to come back. Don't get me wrong, we love our home here and were so excited to see all our friends again, but having family around 24/7 was awesome! I know this might sound strange to some people, but I absolutely love being with my family and having them around all the time! It was especially hard on Little Miss. She loves her Grammy and Grampy so much, and it is because she gets SO much love from them! She spent a lot of time with Grammy making cookies, cleaning the house (she LOVES to clean and so does my mom, they are so much alike!), walking Luckie, shopping, taking baths, reading books and singing songs. And just one example of the love she gets...my dad works graveyard shift and gets home at 7:30am. Little Miss loves his pancakes and the minute he walked in, she asked him for pancakes and instead of going up to sleep, he made her a whole bunch of pancakes, which she ate a ton of! She also loves when Grampy chases her around the house and plays "monsters" with her, it is so fun to watch and see how hard he can get her laughing! And two of her favorite people in the world are her Uncle John and Uncle Steve. She thinks everything they do is so hilarious and she always has to give them hugs or just sit with them. She also got to spend time with "the boys", her cousins Mason, Carter and Bridger. They are so cute together and it is always so good to see Stayler and Jessica and have the whole family together. My family really are my best friends and I am so grateful to have each of them in my life. While we were there we attended my brothers Eagle Court of Honor, got to see Harry Potter 7 (thanks to Steve!), went shopping, and attended the temple. There were also a couple of really late nights playing 007 (which I was NOT a part of). We really had such a wonderful time and I am so grateful that my family is so good about us crashing with them:) We love them so much!
Also while we were there, we went to the annual McOmie New Year's Day Party and it was so much fun! I really think I have some of the coolest cousins ever! We always have so much fun and laugh a lot when we get together. We ate the traditional lasagna, garlic bread, salad and tons of goodies...we played games as a group and just enjoyed each other's company. LOVE this smile, I think she might be half pirate...


Love this one also...





Anyone else for a nice spray of water in the face from the drinking fountain??



Love these boys (and Little Miss too!)...
The holidays were wonderful and I am so grateful for all the time we got to spend with our families!

1 comment:

  1. That little Caitlin is just too cute for her own good! I think you guys will have to build a fence around her to keep all the boys away some day!

    ReplyDelete