Saturday, August 17, 2013

Summer...

 This is how our summer started...and that was only the beginning!

We ended up leaving for Utah on July 5, two weeks earlier than we had planned for our summer vacation.  The reason was my sweet Grandma McOmie (Little Miss called her Grandma Jean-Jean) left this earth and returned home to Heaven to be reunited with Grandpa.  She was an amazing lady and it is still hard for me to know she isn't here with us anymore, but yet I know she is:)  She wasn't afraid to do hard things and she had one of the strongest faiths I have ever known.  Her greatest desire in this life was to be a mother and raise a family.  The doctors told her she would never have children...she had 6.  And each one of them, and all their children, loved and looked up to her.  

We then headed down south and spent some time in Loa and had a blast, as usual!  Jeff's parents home is one of our homes.  We receive so much love and support from them and are grateful for them everyday.  Little Miss got to play with Kage and Miss A got to harrass little Alaina:)  We went swimming and hiking.  Did chores and farm work.  Jeff went horseback riding and Miss A and I spent a lot of time just looking at the horses:)  She loves them!  We spent a day up at Fish Lake and took an awesome little walk around the lake to the lodge.  We love the time we get to spend there and the girls adore their grandma and pa!

  


 And then we spent the rest of our summer with Grammy and Grampy.  This summer was bitter sweet for me.  The last four summers I have had the privilege of bringing my family to Utah and living with my generous parents.  It is anything but easy to try to fit two families under one roof, with everyone's different schedules and routines, but we have done it.  We have laughed and cried, there have been tantrums and breakdowns, but mostly, just a lot of love.  My mom and dad's family has been through A LOT these past 4 years and we have grown so much...each one of us.  I have always looked forward to the summers I get to spend there, and knowing this was my last one was really hard for me.  Yet at the same time, I am so looking forward to our future!  Jeff will graduate this coming May and bring a close to the student chapter of our lives.  I have loved being with him on this journey and we have really grown SO much as a couple and a family.  Our girls are our joy and our light.  Watching them grow brings me so much happiness and I am so grateful every day that I chose to be a mom.  There is nothing more important in this life for me to do than to follow the example of my Savior and be a faithful, loving and devoted wife and mother.  Nothing.  
While I was reflecting on all of this, I realized why it has been so difficult for me to transition into parenthood completely...I had such an amazing experience being a daughter.  My parents always loved and nurtured me.  They took care of me and listened to me.  They taught me the gospel and how much my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love me.  They taught me how to make it home and they gave me a safe place to be.  And now it's my turn.  I get to be the mother to my children that my mother was to me.  Jeff and I get to start our own traditions, make a lifetime of memories and create that safe haven so that someday, when it's time for them to leave the house to start their own journey, it will be bitter sweet for them as well.

 There was a monsoon-type rain and Little Miss was in heaven!!  Miss A not so much.




 Little Miss was in her first parade ever in Tooele, Utah!

 
 And this handsome boy, my nephew Mason, was baptized...the same weekend that little Brielle was blessed.  It was a pretty great weekend. 
 The summer ended for us earlier than expected as well!  The week before we left, my dad came with me and we took Miss A up to Primary Children's Medical Center.  She had some swelling on her toe that lasted for a week and a half without any known injury, and then I noticed her ankle on the opposite foot was swollen as well.  After multiple x-rays and blood draws, they found that she most likely had a form of juvenile arthritis.  I came home early to follow up with our pediatrician here and he confirmed it was arthritis and that we are going to need to see a pediatric rheumatologist in Seattle to determine what type and the severity.  Until then, we are trying to change up our diet and give warm baths every morning to control her pain as much as possible.  Some days she has a really hard time walking and if anyone even bumps her feet at all, she cries.  She likes to be held a lot and I thought it was because she just really loved me...Luckily, she is one strong-willed and spirited little girl so I am pretty confident she won't let this or anything else stop her from doing exactly what she wants:)
 

3 comments:

  1. I just love your cute little family. I am so glad you guys enjoyed Utah. Alyssa is such a sweetheart. What a crazy summer for health issues for some of us :) But so many blessings we will all receive from our Heavenly Father through these challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you updating your cute blog. Love you guys! Hope little Miss A is feeling better. Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about Alyssa's troubles! That is so horrible. I hope it can all get under control soon. I am so glad I got to see you this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete