Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Moments To Remember...

Jeff, the girls and I went into C's room tonight to just spend time as a family talking, laughing and reading books.  C and A are so lucky to have a daddy like Jeff.  He loves them so much and always wants to spend as much time as he can with them.  After Jeff read a couple of books to C he had to leave for a meeting for his calling, so I tucked her in and told her that I would come back in to check on her after I got A to sleep.  I went into my room to get A to sleep and she was having a really hard time relaxing and just kept getting more upset.  After about 20 minutes of trying to get her to sleep I saw my bedroom door open and C's head popped in.  A immediately became completely alert looking around for her sister.  Usually, I would get really frustrated and tell C to get back to her room, but tonight I just let her come in and climb up on the bed with us.  C asked if she could sing a song to A and at this point I figured since A wasn't going to sleep anytime soon she might as well, so she started to sing.  First, she sang a made up song and rubbed A's head and kissed her cheek through the whole thing.  And then she started to sing "I am like a star", one of her primary songs and I was amazed to see that A started to relax and was already drifting off to sleep.  C sang it one more time and A was completely out.  C looked up at me smiling and whispered, "Did she fall asleep because of my singing??"  It made me so grateful that I didn't jump to my normal reaction and that I just let my two little girls have that moment with each other.  I am so lucky to get to be their mom.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetheart! Those moments are what make being a mom so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet, it makes me want to be more patient.
    I love your family pictures too!!
    Ben said you guys maybe might come around this area around Thanksgiving...if you do...you are more than welcome to stay here. You totally should:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Cute little girls! You're right, being a mom is the best!

    ReplyDelete