Monday, November 1, 2010

So...I'm a runner




So, as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be a runner. Yet, anytime I would ever even attempt running, I would be winded after about 30 feet and slow to a walk...and stay at a walk. I think this is why I wanted to be able to run so bad, because I knew it was hard, and if I was ever able to do it, it would be a HUGE accomplishment for me. Well, about 6 weeks ago I happened to be talking to one of my friends at our daily playgroup and started joking about how I would love to be able to run, but that I just wasn't a runner and probably never would be...that is when I met Becky, my trainer:) She just overheard me talking and said she would love to start running with me in the mornings. Now, Becky is a runner, and I was pretty sure that once she realized how "beginner" I really was, the running would die off, but I decided I would give it a try, just for fun. We went that next morning at 6am and I barely made it about a half a mile and had to walk the rest of the way. Honestly it was farther than I expected to make it and I was thrilled with myself, but better than that, Becky was so excited for me too! She continued (and still does with a couple of my other great friends) to get up with me 5 mornings a week to go running, rain or shine. She is so positive and encouraging and really makes me want to do my best, because she knows I can. She knew how important it was to me to be able to run and she totally stepped in and has supported me all the way! So, a group of us girls signed up for a 4.5 mile race and a couple for the 2 mile walk, and we all headed down to Lewiston, ID this past Saturday. And I did it! I ran the whole thing without walking...it was awesome! Jeff surprised me by showing up at the finish line with Little Miss (I didn't think he was coming) and it made my finish that much better! I love my little family so much!! The girls I have met here are all so great and I am so lucky to have them as my friends! We had a blast!


So, on to my next goal...


Enough said...
To Be Continued...



8 comments:

  1. Good for you Marie; I'm so proud of you! You've inspired me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Marie! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marie! You are just the sweetest little thing!! I am SO grateful to be your personal "trainer" ;) (hehe ~ makes me giggle every time) You are seriously one of the most fun people I know!! Thanks for making the run so stinkin enjoyable! And HOORAY for March 5th...it's gonna be Grrrrrrreat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, you inspire me. I despise running, but have decided I want to give it a try. I'll need help though, I'll be SUPER slow. Maybe Becky will be my personal trainer too?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Erin, you totally inspire me too. I love your attitude. Great job on running the entire race. To be honest...I don't enough know if I could run for a half a mile. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow girl!!! that is so freakin awesome! good for you! that is a super accomplishment. you're daring to do the half marathon, best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You go girl! Way to accomplish your goal! Proud of you cousin! Glad to see that you guys are doing so well! We will see you at Christmas time. Loves! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are amazing marie!! i wish i had someone here to get me to be a runner...something i wish i was, but never have been able to do. i'm so proud of you! good job

    ReplyDelete