Sunday, November 14, 2010

Grateful...

As it is Thanksgiving, I have been thinking a lot about the things I am grateful for and felt like I needed to write some of them down and also why I am grateful for them. I have so many blessings in my life and it really helps me to recognize them when I actually list them. So here they are...

1. The knowledge I have of my Heavenly Father, My Savior, Jesus Christ, and his gospel...Without them I am nothing, with them nothing is impossible.
2. The Temple...The greatest gifts I have ever been given are the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the ability He has given me to be with my family forever.
3. My Husband...He is my best friend, my safe place and someone I can always rely on. I love him with all my heart.
4. My Little Miss...I had no idea of the joy and fulfillment having a child would bring. She is my life and I love her so much!
5. My Parents and Jeff's Parents...Words cannot express the gratitude I have for these people! They have blessed our lives so much and the greatest gifts they gave us were raising us in the Gospel and teaching us of the love that our Savior has for us.
6. My 3 Brothers...I always thought I wanted a sister, but now that I am a little older I realize I have the best brothers anyone could ask for and they each bring so much to my life.
7. My In-Laws...Some of these people have become some of my greatest friends and I am so grateful to have each of them as a part of my family.
8. My Niece and Nephews...These kids are so adorable and I have so much fun with them. They are going to grow up to be pretty amazing people.
9. Carter...The experiences we have had throughout his little life have strengthened my testimony so much and have taught me that life is so precious and families are forever. You can learn so much from a little child and their ability to love life, no matter their circumstances.
10. True Friends...The ones you can laugh with, cry with, or just fold laundry with and still have a great time:) The ones who don't judge you and who love you inspite of your weaknesses.
11. A Modern Day Prophet...President Monson is called of God and I know if we will follow the things he teaches, we will make it home safely.
12. Our Health and Strength...We have been so blessed with amazing health, with strong bodies and healthy minds.
13. Our Freedom...Most of the things I am grateful for are possible because of the freedoms we enjoy.
14. Soldiers who defend our freedoms...
15. Comforts I Enjoy...We are never cold, our home is always heated; we are never hungry, our pantry is always full; we have clean water to drink and heated water to shower with.
16. My home...No matter where we live, it has felt like home because is keeps us safe and sheltered and we have each other, plus an apartment is plenty big enough when it's time to clean:)
17. My Car...It runs perfectly and has been so reliable.
18. Running...And all my other goals yet to be accomplished.
19. Tender Mercies...For all the little things that happen that remind you that God is there and he loves you, like when your little girl is running around the house crazy and stops just long enough to hug your leg and say, "hi mommy" or "hi daddo", or when she walks around the house singing, "I love to see the temple".
20. Service...Both the opportunities to serve and be served. It never fails to brighten your day when you serve someone else or receive service from others, because to serve is to be like Christ.
21. My Trials...They allow me to find strength I didn't know I had and give me the ability to maybe understand someone else and their struggles a little better.
22. Humor...Once in a while you just need a really good laugh!
23. Nature...There are some amazing sights in this world and Heavenly Father truly did create them for us to enjoy and to remind us that this world really is a pretty great place.
24. And for Pullman and WSU...We are so blessed that Jeff has the opportunity to be furthering his education and I know this is exactly where we are supposed to be at this time in our lives.
25. Relief Society...I have met so many great girls in this ward and these girls are the reason that activities like walking group and project night exist, which i am very grateful for:)

3 comments:

  1. Very well written. You are so sweet Marie. I am so glad we have met you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful Marie! Are you coming to Utah for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete