Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Graduation Day...

I can't even express the emotions I had on May 10, 2014.  Jeff and I decided 7 years ago that we would pursue his dream of becoming a veterinarian and even though we knew it would involve sacrificing a lot of the things we loved to do and totally committing our lives to school, we also knew it was the path we needed to take and had faith that it would all be worth it in the end.  
Well, it's the end and it was totally worth it!!!  All of his late night studying and endless tests.  The weeks away from home and the many single-mom moments.  The homesickness and the long trips to visit our families.  The difficult trials we experienced and the numberless blessings we received.  It is amazing to look back and see how each and every experience strengthened us and brought us so much closer as a family.  Jeff and I always talk about how moving to Pullman was the best thing we have ever done for our family, and it truly was.  We made the best friends who became our "Pullman family" and we really learned to rely on each other.  Vet School made Jeff super smart and me, super independent.  It was good for us all the way around.

This was our family when it all started...the white coat ceremony in August of 2010.


And this is our family the last year of vet school...we've changed a little:)  I just love this amazing husband of mine!  He is so hard-working and so dedicated to his family (us!).  He chose to set aside a lot of the extracurricular activities he could have done in school so that he could spend more time with us.  I am beyond grateful for him and am so proud of this huge accomplishment.  These two girls are sure lucky to have a dad like Jeff.  This little family is my world and I am so grateful to be on this journey with them.
 The great group of guys Jeff was able to go through school with.  He really couldn't have found a more perfect group!  Their families became our family and we will miss having them around!
We had so much support graduation weekend!!  Jeff's parents came, along with his brother Houston and his family.  And my entire family was there...Mom and Dad, Stayler and his family, Steven and John!  It was such a fun weekend and all of the help we received was incredible!  We have the most amazing families and it would have been so much more difficult to go through school without them.

 
  

This really has been 4 of the best years of our lives together and we are so grateful we were able to experience it.  As we move on to the next phase and the adventures that await us, we will always look back on these years with fond memories and treasure the relationships we have made.  I am so grateful to have my best friend by my side through whatever life holds next!
 Congratulations Dr. Oyler!  We love you forever!

2 comments:

  1. Vet school most defiantly made our guys the smartest guys around. I am so glad we got to go through vet school with you guys. Best Pullman Family ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy how they're in school FOREVER and then one day, it's over? I'm so glad we met you in Pullman. I wouldn't say I'd want to live indefinitely in Pullman but it was such a special time of life. I couldn't have had a better visiting teaching companion :)

    ReplyDelete