Monday, May 21, 2012

Little Miss's Bike Riding 101...

Little Miss and I went out today to practice bike riding skills. 

Me (as little miss is looking everywhere but in front of her while she is riding): "Hey missy, you need to pay attention to where you are going!"
Little Miss: No response
Me: "Caitlin, please focus on what you are doing!"
Little Miss: No response
Me: "Caitlin..."
Little Miss: "Mother! Why are you talking to me while I am trying to focus!"

Me: "Why don't you come ride in the road? There is more room than on the sidewalk."
Little Miss: "Mother, come out of the road right now! If you don't, a car will come and you will die!"

Little Miss: "Mom, will you hold my bike while I run?"
Me: "No sis, you need to ride it back to Grammy's and get some practice."
Little Miss: "Mother, please take it. I really just want to be free."

And while riding, when she gets going really fast and feels like she is doing extra amazing, she will stop the bike, turn to me, and give me a huge thumbs up accompanied by the biggest smile.

Can I just say I love this girl...

7 comments:

  1. Love that conversation! We sure miss that little miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this. Cracks me up. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bikes can be such burdens... " I just want to be free". Definitely my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! Caitlin is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bahahaha! "Mother" Oh what a funny girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! She is so funny!! What an adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete